Saturday, February 28, 2009

Transformational Twittering

My friend and webmaster Verin Lewis recently turned me on to Twitter as we were discussing new creative possibilities for my new venture, Wake-Up! So I signed up and started twittering.

At first I really did not understand how Twitter could benefit me. Then I started following the twitter of two guys, Lance Armstrong, and Lance's good friend, Doug Ullman, CEO of Livestrong (and who just happens to be the ex-husband of my wife's first cousin).

Lance loves to twitter, and what he is able to communicate through Twitter is profound. It's not what he says, but how he says it! Every single twitter is positive and joyful. You can feel that Lance is living a thrilling and satisfying life.

So I tried the same approach. Throughout the day I started twittering all of the positive aspects of what I was doing. What I noticed immediately was that I started looking for only the joy in everything. My twitters were becoming affirmations about the good in my life, and as long as I am focused on the good I feel great and know and believe that anything is possible!

I highly recommend twittering as a spiritual practice. Just follow the twitters of Lance, Doug, and now me and you will see what I mean. Thanks Lance! You inspire me to live the best life possible. It's as if you are saying, "hey, tuck in behind me and draft.....I got you covered".

No comments: