Thursday, August 1, 2013

Focus and Piercing the Matrix



I had a vision this morning that made me realize something.

I have been thinking about the "Matrix" (the totality of physical life on planet earth) and my desire to create my own experience in it.  I saw the earth from space viewpoint with a rather tight netting covering it.  It seemed the only way to pierce this netting was to go through one of it's tiny holes.  I also saw humans not as physical bodied beings, but as energy packets consisting only of consciousness.  It seemed that the bigger consciousnesses were pretty massive and thinking about so many things that it seemed impossible for this big mind in action, to singularly focus (much like a laser beam).

By focusing singularly we are taking something that we love to do and putting all our energy and attention into it.  By focusing in this way we are letting go of anything that does not feel important to the focused activity that we have chosen, and as long as that focused activity feels good doing it, we are practicing being happy.  And happy starts showing up in all areas of our lives.

I realized that this is the reason I have chosen music as my object of focus.  The act of playing music engages both sides of my brain.  My left side is engaged by the physical playing, using my body parts to create a sound.  And my right side is engaged in creativity, imagining the sound.   This is "The Zone", and it's possible for us to deliberately guide ourselves there......thus consciously creating our life experience and living our dreams in a happy and joyous way!

No comments: