Monday, July 29, 2013

One Key to Happiness

Not Taking Things Seriously

I recently had an insight that I wanted to share.  The image that came to me was one of a microscope that was intently focused on something very small and detailed.  Us physical humans work the same way as a microscope.  We have the ability to focus and we do this by using our powers of concentration and attention.  "Energy flows where attention goes".  This is how we create manifested physical things.  

Sometimes its fun...when it's working easily... and other times it sucks because we are not getting what we want.  And it's so easy to get so caught up in the minutiae of everything because there is drama there, and fear, and danger, and excitement!  I find that choosing this way, staying focused on the minutiae, is something that I don't want.  I've experienced it and I don't like it.  I am choosing the opposite experience.....I want to stay focused on the energy source behind all that is, where there is no judgment, no opinions, no frivolity, just pure positive feelng, loving, understanding, oneness.  That is clearly my choice and directing my thoughts and actions in the physical world towards living in that state is in alignment with my soul's desire.  Sometimes it's working easily...and other times it still sucks!  But it sucks at a much higher level.  It sucks but I am not attached to the suckness of it, I can let it go and not take it seriously, know it's minutiae, laugh at it, accept it, embrace it, and then divert my attention from it, just let it go, I distract myself with something else to focus on....something that feels good to focus on.....like playing music, or going for a bicycle ride. 


We are meant to live a joyous and expansive life experience.  That's what we all came here for.  Fun, Joy, and Freedom.  Are our lives mostly being lived in that experience?  I think not, it hadn't been for me anyway.  Life had been whispering to me but I couldn't hear it, wasn't aware or open to hear it.  Then the whispering turned louder until it became a SHOUT!   

S     T     O     P     

And then the small, still, voice - chill out, take a break, reassess, get a different perspective, there is something you are missing.........don't take anything seriously....be happy, have fun!  Then the voice got louder, easier to hear (because I was practicing hearing it).....

you are a powerful being and you can be, do, or have anything you want.  

Dream it, Believe it, Achieve it!

No comments: